Weekly Wrap Up [Week 7]
F1 pundit Dane Hansen, writes for The Formula 1 Issue giving you weekly breakdowns of exclusive, need to know facts about the exciting and dynamic world that is Formula One. Find out what happened here…
16th 22nd March
- Totto Wolff loses his temper over the Red Bull saga. Chrsitian Horner says Mercedes is doing the sport more harm than good.
- Red Bull threaten to quit F1 as Dietrich Matteschitz is feared to “lose his passion”.
- Renault are in talks to take over Toro Rosso
- Ecclestone backs calls for equalisation.
- Hamilton laughs off criticism from his rivals, saying the Mercs are too dominant.
- Alonso’s new girlfriend has declared Fernando will be fit for the upcoming race in Malaysia.
- Ecclestone, 84, will testify “either personally or by videoconference” during his corruption trial in Valencia.
- Van der Garde is set to get a large settlement fee from the Sauber ordeal.
- Rosberg has officially invited Vettel to the Mercedes debrief.
- There is no time-limit for Honda to find its much, much needed pace.
- Van der Garde can expect a pay out of up to 15 Million EURO.
- Honda claim they know the problem and are working on it.
- Sauber ends their dispute with Van der Garde over mutual consent.
- Singapore airlines has become Sauber’s official airline.
- Kamui Kobayashi is reportedly in talks with Manor for a race seat.
- Jenson Button says if anyone is to topple the Mercedes empire, its Mclaren Honda.
- Prost believes F1 needs a new audience.
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick, survives a 100mph crash unscathed.
- Sauber is still confused over Van der Gardes accusations.
- Ferrari have chosen to ignore Williams and Red Bull pace and are focusing on Mercedes alone.
- Bottas should be ready to drive in Malaysia.
- Raikkonen is convinced Mercedes can be caught in race pace.
- John Booth revealed that if it wasn’t for Biachi’s valuable points in Monaco last year, Manor was not likely to be saved.
- Marko says there is no chance of catching Mercedes.
- Marko also admits that Renault buying out Toro Rosso may happen.
- Bottas is optimistic he will be back behind the wheel.
- Moto GP star, Marc Marquez says Honda will win in F1.
- German Grand Prix has been dropped from the 2015 season…
- Pirelli say they want a quick decision over the revamp of Formula One.
- Today would have been Ayrton Senna’s 55th
- It has been revealed that Alonso’s crash costs insurers €1.8 million.
- Grand Prix winner, Olivier Panis thinks Red Bull ought to clean up their own act before citing FOM and the FIA for poor management.
- Alonso will fly to Malaysia
Posted on March 23, 2015, in Weekly Wrap Up and tagged Alonso, Bianchi, Dane Hansen, Ferrari, Freelance, Honda, Kaltenborn, Kobayashi, Mercedes, Mick Jnr, Mick Schumacher, MotoGP, Raikkonen, Red Bull quit, Sauber, Schumacher, Senna, The Formula 1 Issue, The Sport Space, Van der Garde, Writing opportunities. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.