Weekly Wrap Up [Week 8]
F1 pundit Dane Hansen, writes for The Formula 1 Issue giving you weekly breakdowns of exclusive, need to know facts about the exciting and dynamic world that is Formula One. Find out what happened here…
23- 29 March
- Should Fernando be unable to bring his McLaren home in the points, it will highlight just how far down in the pit McLaren really are.
- Mercedes reveal they offered help to save the German GP by covering half the expenses.
- Lauda is saddened by the loss of the German GP, this first time it has been off the calendar since 1955.
- Kaltenoborn says she was too trusting over Van der Garde.
- Alonso recalls “heavy steering” just seconds before his infamous shunt in preseason training.
- Chinese state-owned China National Chemical is looking to buy out Pirelli Tyres at €7.1bn (£5.1bn)
- Helmet Marko says F1 needs Max Mosely style leadership.
- Sepang set to be a wet race this weekend.
- McLaren say Alonso will be racing in Malaysia.
- Rosberghas joked, saying he is looking forward to a meeting from “Mr. Vettel” on Friday.
- Renault: “It’s hard to have a team that lies”. A subtle jab at Red Bull.
- Adderly Fong joins Lotus as a development driver.
- Barrichello says he fell asleep during the 2015 season opener in Melbourne. Zzz
- Hamilton set for a $55 Million a year deal with Mercedes. Cha-ching !
- *Other News* Top Gear host, Jeremy Clarkson has been dismissed from the BBC.
- John Watson believes F1 teams should pull together to save F1.
- Alonso confirms a steering problem was to blame for his accident.
- Toet put on gardening leave by Sauber.
- Sutil becomes Williams reserve driver.
- Hamilton thinks Red Bull comments are “funny”.
- Rosberg has revealed he deals with sweat problems by using women’s sanitary towels on his head during a race…..right.
- Lotus has tweaked and improved their car since Australia
- Button is confident Mclaren will be better this weekend, though he ensures that they will be on the back of the grid.
- Vettel has declined Rosberg’s invitation to join Mercedes at their briefing.
- Rosberg tops FP1 as Hamilton has car issues.
- Hamilton has changed his Helmet for this weekend. What will the reputations for this be?
- Hamilton is later told he cannot use this helmet this weekend.
- Hamilton tops the time charts in FP2 after his engine issues are resolved.
- Mercedes like how Ferrari have improved, and expect them to continue excelling.
- Toyota has signed former Sauber and Caterham F1 driver Kamui Kobayashi as its official test and reserve driver in the 2015 World Endurance Championship.
- Vettel thinks Red Bull and Toro Rosso could join the fight near the top.
- Engine limit increased from four to five in the 2015 season.
- Renault has considered leaving F1
- Kevin Magnusses says he came very close to getting an Indy car drive for this year.
- Ferrari have revealed the have upped their budget to 370 Million EURO from a previous 270 Million EURO
- Sadly, a spectator has been killed today after Jann Mardenborough’s car tore through catch fencing and hit the viewer. Thoughts and prayers.
- Former A1GP racer Sebastian Stahl took Germanwings flight from Barcelona the day before the tragic 9525 crashed in the Alps – and considered delaying his departure and rebooking on the doomed flight.
- Frank Motagne banned for two years after drug use scandal. He was found guilty of using cocaine.
- Bernie Ecclestone says he is frustrated and disappointed with F1 at the moment.
Posted on March 30, 2015, in Weekly Wrap Up and tagged Bernie Eccelstone, Dane Hansen, F1, Ferrari, Formula 1, Formula One, Frank Montagne, Freelance, Hamilton, Jeremy Clarkson, Malaysia, Marko, Mercedes, Red Bull, Renault, Top Gear, Toyota, Vettel, Weekly. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.